Paneer Butter Masala is a popular North Indian dish that is creamy, rich and flavorful. Here is a simple recipe for making Paneer Butter Masala at home:
- 250g paneer, cut into small cubes
- 2-3 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pan and sauté the paneer cubes until they are lightly browned. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add another tablespoon of butter and sauté the onions until they are soft and golden brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes to the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of butter and let it melt into the mixture.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or rice.
Enjoy your homemade Paneer Butter Masala!