Mutton Masala is a popular Indian dish that is made with tender pieces of mutton cooked in a flavorful spicy masala. Here is a simple recipe for making Mutton Masala at home:
- 500g mutton, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies, slit
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the chopped onions. Sauté until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and slit green chillies. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mutton pieces and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the meat is well coated with the masala.
- Add yogurt and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water as needed, cover the pressure cooker and cook for 4-5 whistles or until the mutton is tender.
- Let the pressure release naturally. Open the lid and add garam masala powder. Cook for a few more minutes until the masala thickens.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or rice.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Mutton Masala!